Added APRS Beaconing feature plus lots of bug fixes in the APRS code.
Install the new CPS first then the firmware and the new voice prompts.
Changes in this version
* Channel order in zones can now be sorted by distance, using the Latitude and Longitude data entered into the CPS.
This works for all real zones, but Not the All Channels zone becuase this is not a real zone
Distance sorting is enabled via the "Dist sort" option in the Quick Menu
In this mode the distance is displayed in place of the channel number
* Distance can also be displayed at all times by using the "Show dist" option in the Display Options.
* GPS functionality has been added to the GD-77, DM-1801 and DM-1801 firmwares
* Fixes and improvements to GPS course and accuracy display (Thanks to Daniel F1RMB)
* Czech language update
* Various other internal code changes and optimisations (Thanks to Daniel F1RMB)
There have been many other changes to the firmware and CPS
• Remove APRS Destination from CPS and now use APOG77 built into the firmware
• Add APRS ambiguity support in CPS and firmware
• Add APRS support for 'Fixed position' location Lat/Lon in CPS and the firmware
• Add APRS support for 300 Baud transmission.
• Add Location Lat/Lon support to Channel data in the CPS and support in the firmware
MDUV380 shows distance in km from radio location to Channel Lat/Lon on the Channel screen.
GD77 and MD9600 the distance in km is shown if button SK1 (P2 on MD9600) is held in.
Note. The distance does not currently update if the radio changes position until the channel screen is reloaded. This function
will be improved in the future to automatically recalculate and redisplay the distance if it changes by more than 0.1km
• MD9600 now supports short APRS comments.
• Firmware character font – Add missing N/n with Caron (F1RMB)
• Fix frequency calibration bug on all radio types
• Change APRS Tx method. SK1 is no longer required to transmit APRS.
Channels with and APRS
config set, will now only transmit APRS, not voice and transmission of APRS is triggered simply by pressing the PTT.
APRS Tx ends immediately after the end of the data even if the PTT is held in.
• Improve 'UI Notification' popup (F1RMB)
• MDUV380 only – Add volume control visual display, See Options->Display options-> Volume : Off/On (F1RMB)
• Stop GPS NMEA output when CPS uploads/downloads the codeplug or other data (F1RMB)
• Satellite mode APRS frequency will now only transmit APRS
It is no longer possible to send APRS on the 'Voice' frequency of satellites
• Czech language updates (OK2MOP, Pavel )
• Changes to APRS screen to remove Destination and add Ambiguity and Fixed position and 300 baud Tx
• CPS has been updated to remove non functioning Tevel 1 and Tevel 8 satellites
• Maximum number of satellites has been increased from 15 to 25
• Channels can now have Latitude and Longitude values
This version fixed the 1750Hz 'tone burst' low deviation bug
It also improves APRS deviation
And also fixes Tx frequency offsets when transmitting 1750Hz tone or APRS
Additionally, the calibration screen user interface has been changed so that it is the same as the GD77.
Changes in this version are as follows
• Bug fix APRS
• Bug fix boot screen problem
• Bug fix MD9600 1750Hz Tx problem
• Bug fix DMR TA decoding
• Add APRS setting to Channel Details screen
• Added +/- 4.6Mhz repeater frequency shift
• Improve MD9600 and UV380 1750Hz and DTMF tone indication through speaker
• Improve satellite screen.
Maximum number of satellites has been increased from 18 to 25.
More satellites have been added to the CPS, e.g. TEVEL2,3,4,5 etc. Some nonfunctioning satellites have been removed.
Each satellite now has 3 possibly frequencies: Voice, APRS and Beacon, by pressing keys 1,2 or 3
APRS configuration is now defined for each satellite via the satellites.txt file in the CPS
To customise an APRS
configuation for a specific satellite e.g. "ISS" create an APRS configuration with the same name as the satellite, and this will be used instead of the APRS configuation for that satellite from
satellites.txt in the CPS
APRS Tx is possible on any satellite frequency where the Tx frequency has been enabled, but transmitting on the "Voice" frequency of a satellite e.g. ISS wil not result in your
position being sent to APRS.fi and will annoy anyone trying to use the Voice frequency of the satellite.
• Turkish language updates
• Czech language update
• Various other small bug fixes.
To use APRS and Satellite mode in this version, you MUST update to the latest CPS.
downloads/CPS/Latest/OpenGD77CPSInstall ... .18.01.exe
In this CPS you will need to re-create any APRS configurations and
link them to the appropriate channels, then upload the new codeplug into the radio
In the CPS you MUST upload new satellite Keps
APRS Tx will NOT work unless a channel or VFO has an APRS configuation.
There is no longer a default APRS configration in the firmware.
Remember also. For APRS you must enter your callsign into the CPS. If there is no callsign then the APRS transmission will not be valid.
Changes in this version.
- New GPS direction and speed etc screen (F1RMB)
- Turkish language update.
- Beep instead of voice prompt when GPS had fix, when voice prompts are not enabled (F1RMB)
- Tx Frequency offset function in the Channel details screen, By pressing Left / Right button on the Tx frequency (F1RMB)
- UV380 rotary control debouncing (F1RMB)
- Improve GPS NMEA data decoding (F1RMB)
- Various other GPS screen fixes (F1RMB)
- Improve Voice prompts on GPS screen (F1RMB)
- Fix MD-9600 scanning
problems. Rotary control restarts scan on paused channel, Up arrow sets currently paused channel as nuisance (F1RMB)
- Remove space characters from font data to save program memory space (F1RMB)
- Fix sunrise and sunset calculations, for use with the Day / Night theme (F1RMB)
- Fixes to Auto Night functionality (F1RMB)
- Fix â€"W+ power setting on Satellite screen (F1RMB)
- Automatically update realtime clock from GPS (F1RMB)
- Fix PIN code display when no theme is available (F1RMB)
- FM APRS Tx. Quick press SK1 while transmitting on FM - see also the new CPS (VK3KYY)
This version has a night mode display with brightness control in the options menu and some bug fixes. It uses a new CPS/Firmware/Voice Packs.
This version includes the following bug fixes and improvements
- Italian and German text updates
- Update Spanish Theme texts
- Update Catalan Theme texts
- Polish update from SP9EX.
- Add Last Used Channel In Zone feature. The firmware keeps track on last used channel in every zone (AllChannels included) BIG FAT NOTE: it needs a new CPS .
- No keypad beep option.
- Handle empty zones.
- Colin's DMR Private Call filter changes.
- Monitor mode available when Reverse Repeater is enabled.
- Add "Contact" edition in channel's details.
- Change text "rx group" to "tg list" in Channel's details.
- DMR filter "RxG" as been renames to "TGL".
- Fix bootscreen auto-hiding bug.
- (UV-380/RT3S/MD9600 specific): It's possible to change GPS power status in the GPS menu, using GREEN/RED + SK2.
- lot of bugfixes, code optimization and improvments.
This version must be installed using the latest CPS from my package.
This version includes the Calibration option to accurately calibrate you
frequency and power. Due to the small screen the calibration in on more than one screen and you can move between them with SK2 plus up and down.
This version also includes the Talk around feature in the
Quick menu so that when on a repeater channel you can put the transmit frequency on the receive frequency.
Problem with the DCS Rx decoding fixed. Plus Settings storage is now in Flash memory rather than battery RAM, so battery problems don't cause loss of settings and manual backlight
toggle as been assigned to button P2 on the front of the radio.
this version of the firmware will run on the older MD9600/RT90 with the original STM microprocessor and also on the new MD9600/RT90 using the Chinese Clone microrocessor. In the menu
item Firmware Information there is an extra line CPU then either STM for original or TYT for Chinese Clone.
New CPS which allows the use of the new FO118 Satellite.
New GPS screen and minor changes to the TA function with text added to position information.
version contains a new CPS which allows you to select various TA option in the channel informtion on a channel by channel basis. The default is master which uses whatever is selected in options menu of the radio.
turn on Talker Alias in the options then the radio will transmit your location as well as your call-sign which allows the networkk to plot your position on an APRS map. This works on the DMR+ network and in Brandmeister if you go to self care and set your radio type to Hytera and GPS in Call to on.
fixes a small but with using the D key on the microphone to create latch sk2.
DTMF ABCD keys mapped to same keys as GD77 and UV380 plus new CPS with minor modificaitons.
In the CPS arbitary frequencies can now be entered rather than just 25/12.5 or 6.25Khz steps.
new CPS program from 16/10/22 and in the firmware improved scanning speed and several small bugs fixed.
This fixed 2 bugs on the VFO screen
1. The Tx frequency was set to the Rx frequency when saving or writing to the radio, if the Tx frequency was different to the Rx frequency
After fixing bug #1 above, I found that cross-band was still not possible, so that bug has also been fixed
small fix for the GPS.
Multiple bug fixes
New CPS which cures a bug which does not affect the MD9600/RT90 only the GD77.
New CPS with Ctrl+u and Ctrl+d to move items up and down in the Zones screen
Contains a number of bug fixes.
New firmware version so you can now start a scan by holding the up arrow while in Channel mode.
S meter corrected to give more accurate results over S9 with Version 5 radios.
New CPS which allows you to use control u and control d to move items up or down when the zone list is on sthe screen.
A new CPS which allows you to move channels up and down in the Channels List Window using Ctrl+u and Ctrl+d.
A new CPS which allows you to move channels up or down with ctrl+u or ctrl+d when the channels list is on the screen but it only works in tree view at the moment so not really usable
for the blind and there are also some small bug fixes in the firmware.
the standby current has been reduced from 100mA to around 19mA. Also with the radio switched off but power applied you can enter firmware upload mode by holding the orange button and
P1 and then pressing and releasing the power button on the front panel.
New CPS programm which includes the firmware loader so no seperate loader program is needed.
Corrects a bug which after settings update caused the radio to come up in beep mode even when the voice pack was present and also the transmit mic gain in FM mode has been reduced by
3db. Holding the # key while switching on brings the radio up in Voice Level 3.
New CPS Program to correct a small bug in the use of the Radio ID field.
Automatic Power off feature added. Needs both firmware and Voice prompt update.
The ok display message changed to ENT to reflect the button used on the MD9600/RT90. Also settings reset by holding P3 while turning on the radio.
basically the same as version 3.0C but this is now the first Beta rather than Alpha version.
Eco option removed, becuase its not supported. Suspend option removed, becuase its not supported. Out Of Band message is displayed if Channel(s) or VFO frequencies are outside the
operating range of the radio.
This message was added because the CPS allows Channels and VFO frequencies in the 220Mhz band, but the MD9600 hardware does not support it.
New CPS, Firmware and Voice packs. So you need to install all three. In the CPS and on the MD9600 in Channel Details you can now disable Beeps and ECO mode individually for each channel
Voice mode Level 1 implemented with P2 for voicing.
Scan bug fixed and lock for keypad and PTT added.
small bug fix for the RSSI indicator and in V1 fix for power button problem.
Includes Colour Code scan option and voicing for the Click suppress, DMR RX AGC, Talker and RX beep options . This version needs the new Voice Prompts.
Fix for V4 hardware problem and power switch setting remembered after power off.
Inital Alpha release of OpenMD9600